Monday, April 20, 2009

Giving Back Part II

My judging team...
Livestock judging was a huge part of my life growing up. It is one of the main reasons why I decided to attend college at Butler Community College and then K-State, and ever since it has continued to open doors for me. 

I know that it took thousands of dollars to provide my teammates and I scholarships, transportation, meals, etc., so we could travel the country learning more about livestock and the industry. Now, that I am a graduate of this program I feel that it is important for me to give back. As I mentioned in my previous blog posting Giving Back I mentioned that I was not going to be able to attend my Alumni Judging Banquet so I sent a wine basket instead. Well the results are in my basket bought $110! In all the silent auction had 12 items and they raised $1,900 for our judging teams at K-State! I am going to continue to challenge to post or email me how you are giving back to causes that are important to you.

And on a side note - ANOTHER JUDGING TEAM WEDDING! So I have heard through the grapevine that my judging teammate, from Butler and K-State, Brett Crow is getting married. Brett was fondly nicknamed the Alabama Slammer during college. I need to call him tonight to get all the details. I haven't met his new fiance, but I can't wait to meet her! Just another addition to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...